Tuesday, May 5, 2009

'Shot Online' helping find Lou Gehrig's Disease cure

I think there's new info revealed almost every day regarding MMOs and how much money the genre is making and how much higher that number will be in the coming years. I like seeing the video game industry bring in the big numbers, but I'm a little saddened, and concerned, by how little money charities are receiving from these companies.

Oh, hey, look! GamesCampus is holding a charity event in their golfing MMO "Shot Online!" My faith in publishers has been somewhat renewed.

I'm a little confused as to how this works, but according to the site GamesCampus is donating $1000 to Driving 4 Life who is teamed up with ALS TDI, a non-profit biotech, and by joining the free course named "Sasori" players are helping to raise money. Does that mean the company will donate more than $1000? I have no idea, the wording here's a little messed up...

Nevertheless! The cause is good, and, even if it's only $1000, every dollar adds up. Now, is any publisher and/or developer willing to match that donation? I'm waiting for your response.

Posted by Kyle Stallock
May 5th, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment